Have you ever wondered what the president of the state eat, drink, etc. Thanks to a chef Marcus Samuelsson we can find out what President Obama and friends like to eat.
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama were guests of the celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson in his newest restaurant Red Rooster in Harlem this week. The small dinner party of 50 shelled out $30,800 per plate for the party fundraiser. The next morning Samuelsson posted the evening menu on his new site, Food Republic. Here’s what you missed for $30,800 and talking with the president:
- Cornbread, with honey butter
- Lobster salad with asparagus, peas, hot biscuit
- A glass of Hermann J. Wiemer Riesling “Semi-Dry” 2008, Finger Lakes, New York
- Braised Short Ribs, honey-glazed chokes, spring onions and red wine reduction
- A glass of Brown Estate “Chaos Theory” 2009, Napa Valley
- Chocolate Cake with rhubarb compote, buttermilk sherbert
- Sweet Potato Doughnuts with cinnamon and brown sugar
- Ridge Geyersville “Essence” 2007, Sonoma County, California
On Marcussamuelsson.com, the chef also wrote:
The evening was fantastic and inspiring – from the decorations, to the food, to the band, and the guests. The dinner celebrated spring and we used the season’s tastiest ingredients. Spring is an amazing time of year for food, with vegetables like rhubarb and spring onion shooting out of the ground and bringing vitality to the kitchen and to the plate. It was an honor to host the event and to share the food with the President, his team, and all the guests at our restaurant.