Erzetich Audio is Slovenian company focused on personal audio, specifically on headphone amplifiers and accessories. They started their line of products with three headphone amplifiers: Bacillus, Bacillus Tilia and Perfidus, as well as a glass stand Tilia Vitro. Now, Deimos joined them, a prestige dual-mono headphone amplifier that will treat your ears just right. Deimos was born out of a completely different concept compared to previous models. Not that much out of pure pragmatism, but out of the concept of real enjoyment – a feast for the eye and for the ear, still mantaining the hand crafted nature.
“I’ve rediscovered the music with Deimos,” says Blaž Erzetič, the CEO and the founder of Erzetich Audio. “This is a supercar among headphone amplifiers. Every album I listen to on it is a spectacle on its own. Visually, we studied a lot the exterior, too, to make this machine not only an ear – but also an eye-candy.” This double mono class-A headphone amplifier makes you experience a dynamic, yet controlled and balanced sound. It can be yours for €4,000 ($4,500).
echnical characteristics of Deimos:
· Chassis: steel, aluminum, wood, acrylic
· Type: dual mono with three separate power supplies – one for each channel plus one for the digital part (advantage: complete separation of power supplies to avoid inter-channel interference or interference from the digital part)
· Analog technology: class-A (advantage: very fast and precise amplifier technology)
· Smoothing capacitors: 43000 uF per channel (advantage: very stable power supply)
· Frequency response: 4 Hz-40 kHz (-1 dB)
· Volume adjustment: digitally controlled relay based, 64 steps (advantage: complete channel separation and controlled logarithmic scale)
· Input: RCA and XLR (advantage: selection for the most appropriate signal transfer from the sound source)