Sherpa, the new entry level model by Arcadia Yachts made its debut last January 2016 during the Boot Dusseldorf. Now, after the successful on water debut at the latest Cannes Yachting Festival 2016 and two important awards received – The World Yachts Trophies 2016 – in the category “Most Innovative Yacht” from 50 to 80 feet – and Boat of the Year 2016 in the motor yacht category – Arcadia Yachts is pleased to reveal all the details about the appreciated new “entry level” Sherpa.
Ugo Pellegrino – President of Arcadia Yachts remarks with satisfaction: “Once again Arcadia Yachts has been able to surprise by launching for the first time something novel. A ‘small/large yacht’ with a futuristic design still missing in the array of products offered in the yachting arena. A smart and compact boat, which, thanks to her characteristics in relation to her size, also opens up to all those fans of the big and over-powered day-cruiser. SHERPA represents an alternative solution for those ones who prefer the tranquillity of cruising at 18-20 knots. SHERPA is for those ones who consider low consumption an added value, not a lack of power performances. SHERPA is for those ones who want to enjoy and have their guests enjoy the luxury of large convivial outdoor area, or the serene conversations on comfortable sofas during cruising, protected by a large awning.”
The production of SHERPA is part of the recent extension of Arcadia Yachts’ GRP range. Together with the Arcadia 100 (presently under construction), the yard’s GRP family line is as follows: SHERPA – ARCADIA 85 – ARCADIA 85S – ARCADIA 100 – ARCADIA 115. All models are built using dedicated molds, one for each model.
ARCADIA SHERPA – KEY FACTS:
-17.70m LOA with an exceptional 5.60m beam
– Unexpected storage spaces – SHERPA’s tender garage guarantees an unusual volume for this size yacht.
AREA: 13 square meters / 140 square feet – VOLUME: 7 cube meters / 247 cube feet
– High efficiency NPL hull improved by new technical solutions adopted as the result of studies conducted in partnership between Arcadia’s technical department and Volvo Penta
– Two different superstructures options: Open deck and Salon deck
– Extremely flexible layout: one, two and three cabin versions – Sherpa has been designed to get the maximum in layout flexibility
– A 41 square meter (441 square feet) cockpit – the same as the Arcadia 85
– Convertible Sport flying-bridge “easy-to-close” upper deck area with automatic up/down window system
– At full displacement a speed of 12 knots, with a consumption of apx. 43 liters/hour
– 4KW of solar panel energy
– Waste water treatment
– Eco antifouling