FUJIFILM, the global digital camera brand, is delighted to announce the latest addition to its coveted X-Series range, the X-E1. The interchangeable lens camera’s stunning design, convenient size and fast auto-speed will appeal to street photographers and style conscious consumers, looking for a camera that can perform under pressure.
Marrying both style and substance, the X-E1 boasts the same 16 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor as Fuji’s highly acclaimed X-Pro1. The eye-catching X-E1 features a new class-leading extra high resolution OLED electronic viewfinder and built in flash. Compatible with FUJIFILM’s three current FUJINON XF lenses, with more to come this year and in 2013. FUJINON XF lenses are the pinnacle of FUJIFILM’s optical design technology, with top quality all-glass construction including aspheric lens elements. Made in Japan, the X-E1 exudes a class and quality that can be seen from each of its components.
With high precision controls, all placed so perfectly that you do not need to take your eye off the viewfinder, all images captured on the X-E1 are bright, clear, and distortion free, right up to the corners. The highly acclaimed X-Trans CMOS sensor, which first appeared in the X-Pro1, vastly improves colour reproduction even in low-light, and teamed with the powerful EXR Processor Pro, will produce superb quality photos in quick succession.
Attention to detail in the X-E1’s design is evident in every component of the camera, its top and front covers are manufactured from lightweight die-cast magnesium alloy and the mode dials and lens ring have a milled, textured finish for smooth adjustment. The X-E1 is available in two-tone silver/black and in solid black, perfect for the stylish man or girl about town, or the aspiring photographer. And, it’s also worth mentioning, that the camera features Full HD movie recording capabilities.
Proving that sleek design doesn’t have to come at the cost of functionality, Fujifilm’s X-E1 is not only a beautiful camera, it also packs a punch with its photographic capabilities, whilst still maintaining a practical size.
FUJIFILM X-E1 Key features list:
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor Pro
- FUJIFILM X mount (For Fujinon XF lenses)
- Extra high resolution 2.36 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 2.8-inch (460K dot) LCD (High contrast, High Brightness and Wide viewing angle)
- Built-in pop-up Flash (hotshoe attachment also available for external flash)
- ISO 200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600 (range of ISO400-6400 when using ISO Auto)
- 0.05 sec Shutter time lag
- Q (quick) button to shooting menu settings
- In-camera RAW converter
- Film simulation modes (Velvia, Astia, Provia, Monochrome, Sepia, PRO Neg Std & PRO Neg Hi)
- Artistic features inc. Multiple exposure & Panoramic shooting
- Auto Bracketing functions (AE/ISO/DR &FS)
- Full HD Movie
- Microphone/shutter release input (2.5mm)
- Approx. 350 shots per battery charge
Accessories available for the FUJIFILM X-E1
- Leather case BLC-XE1
- FUJINON XF Lenses
- M Mount Adapter
- Hand Grip HG-XE1
- Three dedicated flash models to choose from depending on requirements (EF-X20, EF-20, EF-42)
- Protector filters (PRF-39, PRF-52 and PRF-58)
- Remote release RR-80