Many don’t even know where to place Estonia on a map, but maybe this will raise an interest and some eyebrows, a new Grand Tourer V-Twin musclebike coming from Renard. Tallinn-based Renard Motorcycles are taking the world by storm with their $96,000 Carbon Fiber Renard GT Bike which will surely revive the pre-WW2 motorcycle brand name.
The Renard GT’s carbon-fiber monocoque weighs only 11 kilograms, and is reinforced with Kevlar, to make it resistant to impact and vibration. Thanks to an increased cross-section, the composite body is stiffer than a regular pipe frame, and thus ensures very precise steering. The fine-tuned suspension is adjustable in three dimensions, and tuned to perfection.
To keep the weight low other than the Moto Guzzi 1200cc Quattrovalvole v-twin engine, are all CNC milled from a solid aircraft quality aluminum. Both wheels are carbon fiber,while longitudinally mounted 90-degree V2 engine, producing approximately 125 hp at 8000 rpm, and propels the bike to a top speed of 230 km/h.
The stiff body shell, reduced rotational masses and low center of gravity mean that the Renard GT rider will enjoy total control in every maneuver. The Renard GT is to come in a very limited production starting in 2011.
Official specifications of the Renard GT are listed below:
- Engine: 1151cc, Air Cooled, Eight Valve, V2 90 degrees Moto Guzzi Quattrovalvole
- Maximum power and torque: 125 hp (90kW) at 8000 RPM & 120 Nm at 6000 RPM
- Top speed: 230 km/h
- Chassis: Carbon fiber/Kevlar monocoque chassis
- Front and Rear suspension: 2 way and 3 way adjustable Ohlins
- Front and Rear brakes: Twin semifloating discs, 320 mm with 12.6″ six piston monoblock calipers and Single semifloating disc, 220 mm; 8.7″ four piston monoblock caliper.
- Front and Rear wheels: Carbon fiber 3.50 x 17″ and 5.50 x 17″
- Front and Rear tires: 120/70 ZR17 and 190/55 ZR17
- Dimensions: Lenght: 2100 mm; 83″/ Width: 840mm; 33″/ Height: 990 mm; 39″
- Seat height and Minimum ground clearance: 850 mm; 33″ and 140 mm; 5.5″
- Wheelbase: 1450 mm; 57″
- Dry weight: 190kg (419 pounds)
- Fuel tank capacity: 18 liters (4.8 gallon)