Hublot, the Official FIFA timekeeper and Official FIFA Watch of the FIFA World CupTM, is proud to announce the new exclusive watch to celebrate the impressive victory of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011™.
On July 18th 2011, an Asian women’s football team rose to the pinnacle of women’s football history when it was crowned champions of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Germany 2011. The team brought courage, hope and dreams to the people throughout the world and Hublot was impressed by their historical achievement.
The new women’s watch named Big Bang FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011™ Winners commemorates this memorable victory. The sporty yet elegant watch with pure white dial is accentuated by pink color inspired by the dianthus flower, which is the symbol of the team. Its sophisticated white rubber straps allow the comfort, and the bezel adorned with brilliant diamonds reflects the feminine yet strong image of the champions.
The trophy symbolizes the triumph and the words FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP 2011 CHAMPIONS are engraved on its steel case back.
Big Bang FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011 Winners numbered 01/100 will be sold at Hublot Boutique Ginza and all proceeds of the sales of 01/100 will be donated to a Non-profit organization KIDS EARTH FUND (KEF), which is engaged in charity activities over the world to help kids, who are suffering from conflict, war, poverty or disasters. KEF also supports kids in Tohoku area, where was hugely affected by the earthquake occurred in March 2011.
Ms. Aya Samejima, one of the most popular football players in Japan, is impressed by the activity of Hublot and wrote a special message to encourage the people who are coping with the difficulties. The special message card written by her will go to only a customer who purchases the watch of number 01/100.
This timepiece will be manufactured in a limited edition of 100 pieces.
Hublot and KIDS EARTH FUND (KEF)
Hublot, led by its CEO Jean-Claude Biver, was one of the first luxury brands to take action for tragic disaster. Just after the chaos, by launching a campaign on its official website to raise funds to Red Cross Society for support. Then Hublot donated 10,000 sets of coloured pencil to KEF to support their activities. The heart-warming gifts had been brought to the children by KEF and they are helpfully used in consecutive drawing workshops in Tohoku areas. On the occasion of the opening ceremony of first-ever boutique in Japan in Ginza, special and unique items donated from Hublot ambassadors, such as Diego Maradona, Manchester United and so on, were auctioned to raise fund for KEF. Hublot also donated all the proceeds from auctions to KEF.
Big Bang FIFA Women’s World Cup 2011™ Winners TECHNICAL DETAILS
- Reference: 361.SE.2090.RW.1104.NAS11
- Series: Limited to 100 pieces numbered from No. 01/100 to No. 100/100
- Case: Big Bang 38 mm in polished & satin-finished Stainless Steel
- Bezel: Polished & satin-finished stainless steel, set with 126 diamonds for 0.87 ct, 6 H-shaped countersunk, polished & locked titanium screws
- Crystal: Sapphire with interior/exterior anti-reflective treatment
- Bezel Lugs: White composite resin
- Lateral inserts: White composite resin
- Crown: Polished & satin-finished steel with white color rubber insert
- Case-back: Stainless steel with circular satin finish, “Fifa Women’s World Cup 2011™ Champions” engraving and the World Cup logo
- Water resistance: 10 Atm, i.e. approx. 100 metres
- Dial: Matt white with pink varnished appliques
- Hands: Faceted, polished and rhodium-plated, with white SuperLuminova™ Pink chronograph hand with polished & rhodium-plated H counterpoise
- Movement: HUB2900 – Quartz movement
- Components: 43
- Jewels: 7
- Wristlet: Adjustable white rubber strap
- Clasp: Big Bang steel deployant buckle, titanium screws and steel plate