Hublot announces unveiling and celebration of the glittering custom King Power “305” timepiece – Dedicated to the Magic City – MIAMI!
Luxury Swiss watchmaker Hublot announces the unveiling of its new limited edition Hublot King Power 305 timepiece will take place on Wednesday, September 26, at The W South Beach. The unveiling and launch party, with special guest and Miami Heat DJ, DJ Irie, features a 30-foot video wall, catering by famed culinary experts at W South Beach, free-flowing Dom Perignon champagne and an official unveiling announcement from Hublot’s CEO, Ricardo Guadalupe and Hublot Americas exclusive partner Rick De La Croix.
The watch: Engraved with the number “305″ – the city’s famous area code – white and ocean blue to evoke the sand and sea of South Florida, the King Power Miami “305” is a special edition limited to just 50 pieces, specially developed to honour “The Gateway to the Americas”. This 48 mm-diameter watch, made from King Gold (18 carat gold with 5% platinum which lends it its distinctive red colour) is equipped with a HUB4214 mechanical self-winding skeleton chronograph movement, formed of 257 components, which oscillates at a frequency of 28,800 vibrations/hours and boasts a power reserve of approximately 42 hours. The watch’s solid case-back, also in King Gold, is engraved with a view of Miami Downtown and, of course, the number “305”. The blue Hornback alligator strap, stitched onto white rubber, completes the watch, which is water-resistant to 100 metres. A version set with 374 white diamonds, totalling approximately 3.34 carats, is also available in an extremely limited run of 10 pieces.
Hublot opened its first U.S. store in Bal Harbour, FL, in September 2010 and has since partnered with a variety of celebrities, charities and sports teams, including the Official Watch of the 2012 Champions Miami Heat and their captain Hublot Brand ambassador Dwyane Wade.
The introduction and unveiling of Hublot’s newest masterpiece of technology, art and fusion will be experienced by Miami’s top influencers and tastemakers, celebrities, special Hublot clients and select members of the news media.
King Power 305 timepiece
- References 710.OE.2189.HR.MIA12 (limited to only 50 pieces)
- Diamond-set version 710.OE.2189.HR.1704.MIA12 (limited to only 10 pieces)
- Cases King Power 48 mm, satin-finished King Gold
- Diamond-set version: King Power 48 mm, King Gold, set with 248 white diamonds (2.05cts)
- Bezels Satin-finished King Gold, overmoulded white rubber; 6 H-shaped titanium screws.
- Diamond-set version: King Gold set with 126 white diamonds (approximately 1.29 ct) overmoulded white rubber. 6 H-shaped titanium screws.
- Crystal Sapphire with white Hublot logo with black stripe; Interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel lug White composite resin
- Lateral inserts White composite resin
- Case-back Solid King Gold case-back, featuring the engraving: Downtown Miami, area 305.
- Crown King Gold with white rubber insert
- Push-pieces King Gold with white rubber insert
- Water resistance 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
- Dial Skeleton with white plate and blue flange; White minute track and gold-coloured numerals; Satin-finished 5N gold-plated indexes with blue SuperLuminova™
- Hands Satin-finished 5N gold-plated, with blue SuperLuminova™
- Movement HUB4214 – Skeleton chronograph; Mechanical self-winding
- Date Sapphire disc, window at 4:30
- Oscillating weight Black galvanic coating, with tungsten carbide heavy metal segment
- Components 257
- Jewels 27
- Frequency 4 Hz (28,800 Vib/h)
- Power reserve Approximately 42 hours
- Strap Adjustable white rubber and blue “Hornback” crocodile, white stitching
- Clasp King Power folding buckle in PVD titanium, cap in satin-finished King Gold, decorative plate in satin-finished King Gold, black ink engraving and 5N Gold screws.