Jo Malone London have always been at the forefront of luxury perfumes and home fragrances. From energising citrus and luscious fruits to spectacular florals, intense spices and aromatic woods, they are an elegant expression of individuality, embracing every mood and occasion. Now, the latest new wave of unique scent comes in tea infused ranges. Jo Malone introduces Rare Teas collection inspired by various kinds of tea and their extra flavors. In accordance with the British tradition of daily tea ritual, six fragrances that correspond to desirable teas from tea capitals in China, Japan and India. The fragrances, each named after a tea: Darjeeling Tea, Golden Needle Tea, Jade Leaf Tea, Midnight Leaf Tea, Oolong Tea and Silver Needle Tea were developed by perfumer Serge Majoullier.
* Darjeeling Tea – This fragrance wraps black tea from the foothills of the Himalayas in the scented embrace of jasmine, freesia and Indian davana.
* Golden Needle Tea – China’s coveted Yunnan tea buds form the core of this luxurious scent which is enhanced by leather, spices, sandalwood, and benzoin resin.
* Jade Leaf Tea – Grown off the island of Kyushu Sencha tea is combined with sesame seeds, pomelo, and frankincense for this fragrance.
* Midnight Leaf Tea – Yunan’s pu-erh tea forms a seductive scent when combined with vanilla, labdanum and guaiac wood.
* Oolong Tea – Oolong tea from the mountains of Jiangsu is enrobed with bitter cocoa, tobacco leaf and tonka bean to form a fresh fragrance.
* Silver Needle Tea – Handpicked from the valleys of Fujian, at dawn white tea forms the delicate core which is surrounded by rose, sage, and musk.
Also, each tea leaf bud used within this collection has been handpicked and infused into fragrances through a method similar to a tea brewing technique.
Each fragrance will retail at $346 for a 175-ml. bottle and the collection hits shelves on April 1.