HUBLOT – appointed Official Watch of UEFA EURO 2012™ – unveils in Kyiv the two official limited editions “UEFA EURO 2012™ watches”
As Official Watch of the UEFA EURO 2012 ™, and also present on the referee board of the 14th UEFA European Football Championship, Hublot has chosen the Kyiv Olympic Stadium, an imposing 68,000-seater structure and the venue which will host several UEFA EURO 2012™ matches as well as the final scheduled for 1st July 2012, as the symbolic location for the unveiling of its two official UEFA EURO 2012™ watches.
As the competition’s Official Watch, Hublot held a press conference, attended by Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot, Martin Kallen, Director of Operations at UEFA Events S.A, Markiyan Lubkivskyi, Tournament Director in Ukraine, and Friend of UEFA EURO 2012™ Sergey Bubka, Ukraine’s sporting legend (he remains the men’s world pole vaulting record holder, President of the National Ukrainian Olympic Committee and member of the IOC) for a large number of local and international journalists, at which it unveiled the two King Power UEFA EURO 2012™ watches, one made from King Gold and ceramic and mainly featuring the blue of the Ukrainian flag, and the other in titanium and ceramic featuring the red of the Polish flag. This King Power chronograph, 48 mm in diameter, with elegant sporty lines, was specially created for this event and includes a 45-minute counter at 9 o’clock amongst its special features, indicating the duration of half a football match as a nod to the footballing world. The official UEFA logo is featured on the watch’s sapphire crystal case-back, surrounded by a graphic representation of a football, inspired by the competition’s official logo.
Hublot started out as a trailblazer in 2006, as the first luxury brand to invest in football, and has continued to develop its commitment to the sport: Official Timekeeper and Official Watch of the FIFA™ World Cup, Official Timekeeper for Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Ajax Amsterdam… These privileged relations have given rise to a host of synergies and to a high level of creativity, providing Hublot with global visibility.
HUBLOT King Power UEFA EURO 2012 TECHNICAL DETAILS:
- References – 716.OM.1129.RX.EUR12 (Ukraine) – Limited edition of 250 numbered pieces; 716.OM.1129.RX.EUR12 (Poland) – Limited edition of 500 numbered pieces
- Case – “King Power” – Diameter 48 mm in 18K King Gold (Ukraine) or satin-finished titanium (Poland)
- Bezel – Black ceramic with circular satin finish and black rubber moulding; 6 H-shaped relief black PVD titanium screws
- Crystal – Sapphire with blue minute track transfer (Ukraine)/or red Sapphire with red minute track transfer (Poland) Interior and exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel lug – Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts – Black composite resin with push-piece guard at 3 o’clock
- Case-back – 18K King Gold with circular satin finish (Ukr) or titanium with circular satin finish (Pol) – UEFA EURO 2012™ logo transfer on crystal
- Crown – Satin-finished 18K King Gold or satin-finished Titanium with black rubber insert
- Push-pieces – Black PVD titanium with black and blue (Ukraine) or back and red (Poland) rubber moulding
- Water resistance – 10 ATM or approximately 100 metres
- Dial – Sapphire, satin-finished indexes coated with 5N gold with yellow SuperLuminova™ (Ukr) or Sapphire satin-finished indexes coated with ruthenium with white SuperLuminova™ (Pol) – Date window at 4 o’clock
- Hands – Satin-finished and coated with 5N gold, with blue SuperLuminova™ (Ukraine); Satin-finished and ruthenium coated, with red SuperLuminova™ (Poland)
- Movement – HUB4245 skeleton chronograph with central 45’ counter – Self-winding mechanical movement
- Oscillating weight – Black galvanic coating, with tungsten carbide heavy metal segment
- Components – 249 (Jewels: 28)
- Frequency – 4 Hz (28,600 Vib/h) / Power reserve: 42 hours
- Strap – Adjustable black rubber strap with blue or red decoration
- Clasp – Micro-blasted black PVD titanium deployant buckle & satin-finished 18K King Gold (Ukr); Satin-finished titanium (Pol) decorative plate