DiRT 3, the latest installment in the DiRT video game franchise, hits stores on May 24, 2011. It will cost you $59.99 for a copy, which is completely in-line with the pricing for today’s video games. Usually when a big game release is on the horizon there is some sort of special edition or bundle pack offered to those who really want something collectible when they pick up the game they’ve been waiting months for.
It’s a common practice with popular shooter franchises like Halo and Call Of Duty. Now DiRT3 will be among that group as there will be a special bundle pack available now for pre-order. In addition to a copy of the game, the $299 Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 package also includes a Traxxas Ken Block R/C Fiesta Car. Before you scoff at the price you should know that the R/C car itself normally goes for $300. Then this is a great deal, because it essentially throws the game in for free.
The game features six head-to-head stages and 32 straight up rally stages, and these are incorporated in to your larger career structure, which itself is filled with sponsorship obligations, other racing disciplines, Gymkhana events, and much more.
About the Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta RC Car:
MODEL 7308: Traxxas Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta, Fully assembled, Ready-To-Race(r), with TQ AM radio, Titan(r) 550 motor, XL-5 Electronic Speed Control, 7.2 volt NiMH battery & charger, and ProGraphix(r) painted body.
- Officially licensed Ford Fiesta body design and Ken Block/Monster Energy graphics
- Officially licensed Volk Racing TE37 wheels (1.9″ diameter, 12mm hex)
- Unique green pushrods and toe links, exclusive to the Ken Block Gymkhana Fiesta
- Pre-glued, low-profile Gymkhana-compound slick tires molded in a specially formulated rubber compound for authentic Gymkhana performance and handling
- Full-time 4WD
- Powerful Titan(r) 12-Turn 550 modified motor
- Includes Traxxas Power Cell battery pack and charger
- TQ AM Transmitter
- Waterproof electronics
- Digital High-Torque Waterproof Micro Steering Servo
- Rubber-sealed ball bearings
- Impact absorbing foam front bumper
- Race-winning, F1-inspired Revo(r) suspension technology and E-Revo integrated chassis design, perfectly optimized for 1/16 scale
- Traxxas High-Current Connector
If that wasn’t enough, pre-order Dirt 3 and receive a Team Yokohama code that lets you access all three cars from Yokohama Racing Line-Up, unlock four bonus racing events, and gain higher driver rep.