The Legendary Diego Maradona takes Hublot One Million RMB Goal Shooting Charity Challenge On The Bund.
1 Million RMB raised for the Children aid Program in China.
Global Premiere Unveiling of the Limited Hublot King Power Diego Maradona Watch
Shanghai, January 17, 2012 – Diego Maradona, the brand ambassador of Hublot, the legendary king of football for the first time takes the Hublot One Million RMB Goal Shooting Charity Challenge on The Bund in Shanghai, China. In the beautiful scenery of LuJiaZui and the Bund, Maradona has challenged the eight different values of targets. Joining forces with Maradona, Hublot will generously donate the total fund of corresponding successful shootings to support the Children aid program in China.
With the most king power of football, Diego Maradona’s extraordinary career was blessed with a unique footballing talent. In Argentina and throughout the world, Maradona also known as the player of the 20th century, has achieved a plethora of distinctions. The legendary Argentine footballer is well-known for his love of Hublot watches. In March 2010, Hublot, the Swiss luxury watch brand has signed a partnership with the legendary name. Followed by the remarkable 2010 FIFA World Cup, the whole world noticed he was wearing two Hublot watches at once – the Hublot chronograph bearing his own name on each wrist and cheering for his team with the Hand of God. Since Maradona joined in Hublot family, the great football passion and the Swiss leading watch brand aroused numerous inspirations. Today, the two legends in which passion, success, excellence and creativity combine again on the Bund in Shanghai.
Hublot One Million RMB Goal Shooting charity challenge attracted more than 200 guests and press. In the scenery of the Shanghai’s landmark, the Oriental Pearl Tower, Maradona played warm-up games with children players and generously communicate his Secret of success to the lucky junior footballers. Subsequently, the greatest football player of the 20th century for the first time in his career faced the challenge of One Million RMB Goal Shooting for the Children charities which he supports.
To celebrate the grand event, the second generation of Hublot Maradona limited edition – The King Power Maradona – in a limited edition of just 500 pieces was globally launched by Diego Maradona and Mr. Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot. Bearing the symbolic 10 and Maradona’s signature on the dial, Hublot has developed a special King Power equipped with a chronograph movement distinguished by two centre chrono hands. This makes for better readability – quicker and more efficient. The wearer can keep track of both hands at a glance; the first indicates the seconds and the other hand, specially developed for football indicates the time elapsed out of the 45 mins in each half.
We share the same value and passion, declared Jean-Claude Biver, Chairman of Hublot. We both believe in the philosophy of Sharing and Caring since our partnership started in 2010.The ultimate luxury is to share the success with those in need. Today, Maradona and Hublot come to Shanghai, China, with all the friends of Hublot to share our success and caring. Thanks to Diego Maradona, we are here to love!
Maradona added: More than a partnership, I feel to be part of the Hublot family. I met authentic and fantastic people who became my friends. I remember my visit last year to the manufacture in Nyon, it was like feeling almost home. The thing that drew me to Hublot was also their charity efforts. I’m very involved in my community, giving kids opportunities that they wouldn’t otherwise get. Sitting down talking to the people at Hublot, everything came back to family, and that’s me. It’s a perfect relationship from that standpoint.
Maradona and Hublot are committed to sharing and caring. For the first time, Maradona accepted the challenge of the Hublot One Million Dollar Shooting Challenge in the heart of Moscow’s Red Square on September 29th, 2010. He ultimately raised the total sum of $500,000 which was donated to the Raisa Gorbacheva Memorial Institute for Children Hematology and Transplantation at the Pavlov State Medical University of Saint Petersburg. During the short stay in Shanghai, Maradona’s passionate to Children aid charity programs and the global premiere of limited Hublot King Power Maradona brought a series of surprise to all the Chinese football fans and Hublot watch fans.
Hublot King Power Diego Maradona Technical Details
- References 716.CI.1129.RX.DMA11 (Ceramic version); 716.OM.1129.RX.DMA12 (Gold version)
- Series Limited to 500 numbered pieces for the ceramic version; Limited to 200 numbered pieces for the gold version
- Case “King Power” – Diameter 48 mm in micro-blasted black ceramic or 18K King Gold
- Bezel Ceramic version: Micro-blasted black ceramic with black rubber moulding; Gold version: Circular Satin-finished black ceramic with black rubber moulding; 6 H-shaped relief black PVD titanium screws
- Crystal Sapphire with sky blue minute track transfer; Interior/exterior anti-reflective coating
- Bezel lug Black composite resin
- Lateral inserts Black composite resin with push-piece guard at 3 o’clock
- Crown Ceramic version: Black PVD titanium with black rubber insert; Gold version: 18K King Gold with black rubber insert
- Push-pieces Black PVD titanium, with white and sky blue rubber moulding
- Case-back Micro-blasted black ceramic or 18K King Gold, with Maradona logo transfer on crystal
- Water resistance 10 ATM, i.e. approx 100 metres
- Dial Sapphire, sky blue index with white SuperLuminova™, date window at 4 o’clock; Diego Maradona signature transfer.
- Hands Ceramic version: Satin-finished and ruthenium coated with white SuperLuminova™; Gold version: Satin-finished gold plated hands with white SuperLuminova™
- Movement HUB4245 skeleton chronograph with central 45’ counter; Mechanical self-winding
- Oscillating weight Black galvanic coating, with tungsten carbide heavy metal segment
- Components 249
- Jewels 28
- Frequency 4 Hz (28,600 Vib/h)
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Strap Adjustable black rubber strap with white stripe
- Clasp Deployant buckle clasp in micro-blasted black PVD titanium and micro-blasted black ceramic or 18K King Gold