Deemed the largest licensed scale reproduction of the USS Enterprise, the FX Company’s scale model ship measures 34,5 inches long and boasts a complex controllable lighting system. Modeled after the Enterprise from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, otherwise know as the Refit, the 1/350 scale ship has a detailed VIP lounge, with crew members visibleand a botanical garden with scale foliage. Both areas are viewable from windows on the sides of the model. The incredibly detailed landing bay includes shuttles, travel pods, and work bees.
All the lighting systems are controlled by a 4-function remote and are powered by a 12-volt AC/DC transformer. The replica features blue LEDs for warp engine illumination, warm white LEDs for interiors and white LEDs used for floodlights, markers and navigational lights. Check out the brief list of lighting features below.
- Blue LEDs for warp engine illumination
- Warm white LEDs for interiors
- White LEDs used for floodlights, markers, and navigational lights
- Fiber optic LED illumination on each side of the entry hatches
- Blinking formation lights
- Anti-collision lights flash in pulse strobe pattern
- Active deflector dish ramps up to amber glow, brightens to blue when warp engines are activated
- Firing photon torpedoes with red/white flash
The FX Company is now accepting orders for the Limited Edition Star Trek: The Motion Picture Enterprise model. With a very limited run, the model will set you back a cool $3,500.