MB&F announced the final edition of their most successful watch in the “Legacy Machine” Collection. Dubbed as the MB&F LM SE – Legacy Machine Split Escapement, this fresh timepiece is going to be available in 4 different versions, each of them equally stunning and packing an impressive movement.
All 4 editions share the same 18k white gold case, albeit with a slightly updated finishing compared to the rest of the LM family – a style introduced on the LM1 Final Edition. LM Split Escapement celebrates the “frosted” finish that is so closely associated with antique pocket watches – a technique executed completely by hand.
Just below the domed crystal, the balance of LM SE beats at a sedate, traditional 2.5Hz… What is rather less traditional is its construction: the balance seems to oscillate on its own, without any visible intake of energy. The essential remaining parts of the escapement – anchor and escape wheel – are concealed on the opposite side of the movement, almost 12 mm below.
Under the balance, the triple-dial design gives the time at 12 o’clock, the power reserve at 4 o’clock and the date at 8 o’clock – quickly and easily adjustable thanks to a lateral push-button.
LM SE is based on the movement developed by Stephen McDonnell. This movement has two barrels, for a comfortable 3-day / 72-hour power reserve.
– Case: 44mm diameter x 17.5mm height – 18k white gold, polished and brushed – sapphire crystal on both sides – 30m water resistant
– Versions: 4 editions available, with dial and movement coloured in blue, ruthenium, yellow gold or pink gold
– Movement: developed for MB&F by Stephen McDonnell – hand-wound – 2.5Hz frequency – 72h power reserve – Split escapement with the balance wheel suspended above the dial and the anchor under the movement – Bespoke 14mm balance wheel
– Indications: hours and minutes (at 12), date by hand (at 8) with quick-correction pusher, power reserve indicator (at 4)
– Strap: Black or brown hand-stitched alligator strap with white-gold folding buckle
– Limited to 18 pieces per edition
– Price: CHF 79,000 before taxes