Now that Gran Turismo 5 is really really coming (November, 2nd), we can start thinking about what it’s going to look like, especially in its limited edition forms. Sony has revealed what both the €179 Signature Edition and cheaper €79.99 Collector’s Edition will contain.
The €179.99 price tag seems quite hefty, but then, this is something every Gran Turismo fan would love to own, and compensating for the price are the exclusive goodies.
Here are the select contents of the Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition:
• Metal sculpted box finished in SLS AMG Obsidian Black
• GT branded SLS AMG 1:43 model car
• GT leather wallet containing Signature Edition competition entry card
• Branded USB key with Polyphony/Mercedes-Benz trailer
• GT branded metal key fob
• Signature Edition coffee table book showing the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo 5
• 200 page Apex drivers magazine with driving and tuning tips
• Five unique Chrome Line edition cars
• Six Stealth vehicles
A dazzling array of content, I’m sure you will agree, but what makes this very special of special editions, well…very special, is a rather unique competition. Those lucky enough to get their hands on the Signature Edition (quantities are going to be strictly limited) will be able to enter an extraordinary competition that will combine in-game and real world driving challenges – the prize at the end of these two stages? A real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG supercar.
The Gran Turismo 5 Signature Edition will only be available to people of the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
The Collector’s Edition is smaller, but still nice. It comes with slip case, collectible art cards, the DLC vouchers and five unique Chrome Line cars.