Following the release of the RM 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph Red Kite limited edition last summer, Richard Mille introduces its close companion, the Black Kite, into the wild. Where the Red Kite’s prevalent use of red gold echoes the chestnut red plumage of the Red Kite bird of prey, the new Black Kite limited edition is as dark as the angled wings and forked tail of the Black Kite raptor.
The RM 011 Black Kite’s tripartite case, emblematic of all Richard Mille watches, is crafted from matte black DLC titanium. With a black rubber strap and black deployant buckle, the watch is as stealthy as its namesake in the night sky. But the watch’s 5N red gold details, including the inner bezel, pushers, crown, numerals, hands, lacquered rotor and PVD titanium screws, provide a scintillating glow.
Some of the RM 011’s main features, which include major technical innovations, are its skeletonized automatic winding movement with adjustable rotor geometry; 60-minute countdown timer; 12-hour totalizer; annual calendar; and oversize date and month.
Only 30 pieces of the new RM 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph Black Kite will be made. The limited edition will be sold exclusively at authorized Richard Mille retailers in North and South America.
RM 011 Felipe Massa Flyback Chronograph Black Kite Technical Specifications:
- Skeletonized automatic winding movement
- Dimensions: 50.00 mm X 40.00 mm X 16.15 mm
- Functions: hours, minutes, seconds, month display between 4 and 5 o’clock, oversize date display at 12 o’clock, flyback chronograph, annual calendar, 60-minute countdown timer, 12-hour totalizer
- Rotor with variable geometry and red gold lacquer detail
- Power reserve: 55 hours (without chronograph running)
- Water resistant to 50 meters
- Limited edition of 30 pieces
- Presented on a black rubber strap