A must buy for any Star Wars fan and falling in the same league as the handpicked photo frames by George Lucas, the Lego Super Star Destroyer Executor as well as the Adidas Originals Star Wars Collection Footwear and Apparel coming to the Star Wars: The Blueprints. A new publisher of high-end collectible, limited edition books, Epic Ink, bursts onto the publishing scene with this limited edition of 5,000 books by J. W. Rinzler.
Star Wars: The Blueprints showcases more than 250 of the original and unpublished technical drawings created for all six films of the Star Wars Saga. The newly released book, weighs a massive 35 lbs and contains blueprints including The Millennium Falcon, Droids (including R2-D2), The Y-wing and the X-wing starfighters, with supporting images of concept design, production models, film stills and new interviews with many of the films’ original production designers, draftspeople, and set decorators.
Featured blueprints include:
- The Millennium Falcon
- Droids, including R2-D2
- The Y-wing and the X-wing starfighters
- The Rebel Blockade Runner
- The Cantina
- The Death Star
- The Ewok forest, the battle of Hoth and much more!
- Oversize folio, 15” × 18”, 336 pages, 35 pounds
- Clothbound volume housed in cloth-lined clamshell case
- More than 500 photographs and illustrations
- Ten 45” x 18” gatefolds
- Each copy individually numbered
- The English-language edition of this epic collector’s volume will be limited to 5,000 numbered copies
- Certificate of authenticity
A custom-made cloth case holds the massive book of technical drawings within. Featuring 10 gatefolds that open to just shy of 4 feet in length, Star Wars: The Blueprints captures the original materials in breathtaking detail.
The books will be sold for two different prices. Copies # 1-125 will be hand-numbered and signed by the three remaining Academy-Award winners for the original Star Wars movie, Norman Reynolds, Les Dilley and Roger Christian, selling for $1,000. Copies #126-5,000 will also be hand numbered, selling for $500.