The Middle East is set to get a little more glitz and lot more glamour. The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company confirmed on Sunday it has signed an agreement with Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH) to operate its first property in Abu Dhabi. The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal will be spread across 54 acres and will boast 447 guestrooms and suites and 85 villas. The Venetian-inspired hotel is set in a crescent shape across 54 acres and has its own private beach overlooking the Grand Canal.
We are delighted to be bringing The Ritz-Carlton renowned levels of hospitality to the power capital of the United Arab Emirates, said Herve Humler, president and chief operations officer, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. Salem Mohamed Athaith Al Ameri, chairman of Abu Dhabi National Hotels Company added: Our partnership with a world-class hospitality group such as The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company solidifies our plans for ADNH’s growth and reinforces our concrete development strategy.
A key highlight of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi is the one and two-bedroom villas, each ranging from size of 90 to 130 square meters (968 to 1,400 square feet,) and complete with spacious outdoor terraces and personalized butler service. The hotel will also feature The Ritz-Carlton Club, a private floor accessible only by elevator key and offering five complimentary food and beverage presentations throughout the day and dedicated concierge service.
In addition to the spacious rooms, sweeping views and stunning architecture, the Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal will also include:
- The Ritz-Carlton Club located on a private floor accessible only by elevator key. As with other Ritz-Carlton Club levels, the Abu Dhabi club will feature five complimentary food and beverage presentations throughout the day and a dedicated concierge service.
- ESPA, a 21,500-square-foot spa with its own separate entrance.
- Fitness center and outdoor tennis courts.
- Three restaurants, including an Italian restaurant, steak and seafood restaurant, Middle East restaurant and an Asian restaurant.
- A rooftop terrace, which will offer food and beverage service.
- Two poolside bars.
- Lobby lounge and bar area, also serving drinks and small bites.
The main attraction however will be a 17,222 sq foot swimming pool in front of the hotel. The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal, is expected to be open late this year.