Amelia Island Auction and Concours this Weekend
This Saturday, March 12th, RM Auctions will stage the Amelia Island auction, in association with the renowned Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance, on the beautiful grounds of the ocean-side Ritz-Carlton in Amelia Island, Florida.
Led by a pair of remarkable Vignale-bodied Ferraris offered for the first time in more than three decades, a 1953 Ferrari 212 Inter Coupe and a 1952 Ferrari 340 Mexico Coupe, the sale will also offer six other examples from the Modenese marque, reinforcing RM’s reputation as the global leader in the presentation of historic and important Ferraris at auction. In addition to the Ferraris, additional auction highlights include the following cars:
- a rare Zagato-bodied 1930 Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS Spider
- a beautifully restored 1908 Oldsmobile Limited, the earliest known Limited and the only surviving 1908
- a Motorama 1956 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham Town Car Prototype
- a 1965 Shelby 289 Cobra presented in lovely ‘barn find’ condition
- a handsome 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
In total, the sale will present 100 investment-quality automobiles joined by a select series of vintage motorcycles. A complete lot listing is available online, as well as event details, and you can register to bid online for absentee, telephone or internet bidding if you cannot attend the sale in person.