Zicasso’s classic Downton Abbey tour has been immensely popular, so no wonder why travel experts at Zicasso organize Tour 4 and allow visitors to relive the glitz and glamor of the 1920s British aristocracy depicted at the PBS Downton Abbey television series. As the season 4 draws to a close, fans can visit the series’ filming locations in London, Bampton (Oxfordshire), Highclere Castle, and more. This exclusive seven-day, small-group tour also includes accommodation at four-star St. Ermil’s Hotel (London) and boutique Swan Inn (or corresponding Oxfordshire country inn), guided tours of London, Bampton, Highclere Castle and other filming locations, lunch at the Criterion Restaurant, afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason’s and other unique experiences.
– Visit to Highclere Castle, the grand estate that is “Downton Abbey”, on an exclusive guided tour
– Tour of London, including many Season 4 filming locations, guided by an expert well-versed in the Downton period and the British aristocracy
– Visit to the quaint village of Bampton, filming locations for “Downton Village,” St. Mary’s Church and Isobel Crawley’s house
– Stay at the charming Swan Inn, scene of the Season 2 elopement of Lady Sybil and Branson
– Elegant lunch at the famous Criterion Restaurant, scene of Lady Edith’s Season 4 tête-à-tête with beau Michael Gregson
– Luxurious afternoon tea experience in “Downton Abbey” style at Byfleet Manor (Dowager Violet’s house) and Fortnum & Mason’s prestigious tea salon
– Optional evening of live music at London’s most famous jazz club
This tour, limited to six guests on each date, is offered on nine departure dates between July 20, 2014 and August 24, 2014, with secured tickets to Highclere Castle. Pricing begins at $3,230 per person.