- Bold, contemporary, sculpted design employing advanced production technology.
- Sensuous, luxurious, hand-crafted cabin with class-leading infotainment.
- Coupe-like refinement with unrivalled comfort and practicality.
- More powerful 6.0-litre W12 engine with FlexFuel capability, delivering exhilarating performance.
- Uprated chassis for a more dynamic and engaging open-top driving experience.
THE NEW CONTINENTAL GTC – AT A GLANCESculpted exterior design
- Advanced production techniques such as aluminium Super Forming (front wings) allow for a more sculpted body and sharp ‘power lines.’
- Unique jewelled headlamps with LED day-time running lights.
- More upright matrix radiator grille and new ‘double horse-shoe’ rear profile first shown on the flagship Bentley Mulsanne.
- New interior with a bold, sweeping dashboard and instrument panel finished in premium soft-touch leather.
- Choice of 17 hide colours, six colour split combinations and seven veneers.
- Distinctive ‘cobra style’ seats for added comfort and enhanced rear cabin space.
- A new touchscreen, 30GB infotainment system introduces advanced satellite navigation with dynamic route guidance, seven-digit postcode entry and Google Map compatibility (market specific).
- Audio systems feature the latest wide-frequency Balance Mode Radiator speakers as standard.
- Revolutionary Dirac Dimensions™ DSP for exceptional sound reproduction (Naim for Bentley premium audio).
- 6-litre W12 engine twin-turbocharged engine produces 575PS (567bhp/423kW) and 700Nm (516lb ft) of torque.
- FlexFuel capability – runs on E85 biofuel, petrol or any combination of the two.
- 0 – 60mph 4.5 secs (0-100 km/h 4.8 secs).
- 0 – 100mph 10.9 secs (0 – 160 km/h 10.9 secs).
- Top speed 195 mph (314 km/h).
- ZF 6HP28 transmission with ‘Quickshift’ system that cuts shift times by up to 50% and enables double downshifts.
- New 40:60 rear-biased torque split for the all-wheel drive system reduces understeer when powering out of bends and provides for better modulation of line and attitude by ‘throttle steering.’
- Increased front and rear track improves grip and stability.
- Advanced ESC system fully exploits the potential of the more powerful W12 engine and improved chassis.
- 20” ‘Five Spoke’ alloy wheels with optional 21” wheels in ‘Five Spoke Two-Piece’, ‘Seven Spoke Elegant’ and ‘Ten Spoke Propeller’ designs.
THE NEW BENTLEY CONTINENTAL GTC IN DETAIL“The GTC is a confident new Bentley convertible that’s more sculpted, more dynamic and more potent than ever before. The wider track, deeper body side and larger wheels give it a low, lithe and sporty stance that commands attention, roof up or roof down.” Dirk van Braeckel, Director of Design, Bentley Motors
Sculpted exterior design
- Sculpted lines inspired by the Continental GT coupe.
- More muscular, sporty and confident road presence.
- Complex, seamless front wing shapes for coachbuilt appearance.
- Powerful ‘double horse-shoe’ motif at rear.
- New colour and wheel options, including 20” alloys as standard.
A luxurious, practical hand-crafted cabin
- Sensuous and superior quality hand-crafted interior.
- New veneer and leather colour palette options.
- More practical design offers greater occupant space and everyday usability.
- Neck Warmer air-flow system for enhanced open-topped comfort.
- Eight-inch touch-screen system for ease of use and safety.
- Advanced navigation system with Google maps compatibility (market specific)
- 30GB on-board hard drive
- Balanced Mode Radiator technology as standard.
- Industry-first Dirac Dimensions™ digital signal processing (Naim for Bentley)
Coupe-like refinement and comfort
- Tailored, multi-layered fabric hood.
- Acoustic materials for improved sound insulation.
- Enhanced ‘touch and smell’ performance of premium leather.
More powerful 6.0 litre W12 delivering exhilarating performance
- Uprated power and torque from 6.0-litre W12 engine.
- Reduced emissions and higher fuel economy.
- Bentley FlexFuel technology – runs on E85 blend or petrol.
- New QuickShift transmission cuts gearchange time in half.
- Rear torque bias all-wheel drive system for better handling.
More dynamic and engaging driving experience
- Enhanced body stiffness for superior ride quality and refinement.
- Track widened by 48mm (rear) and 41mm (front).
- Revised suspension design to improve dynamic handling.
- Steering retuned for sharper turn-in.
- Less interventive ESC for a more exhilarating experience.
SummaryWhilst the new GTC is beautiful, comfortable and luxurious, above all it is designed to be driven. Bentley’s engineers have created a sporting convertible offering dynamic handling and stirring performance – whatever the mood or road conditions.
- Type: 6-litre twin-turbocharged W12
- Max Power: 567bhp / 423kW / 575PS @ 6000 rev/min
- Max Torque: 700Nm / 516lb/ft @ 1700 rev/min
- ZF 6-speed automatic with quickshift and steering wheel-mounted paddleshift
- Driveline: Continuous all-wheel drive (40:60 rear bias)
- 1st. 4.17
- 2nd. 2.34
- 3rd. 1.52
- 4th. 1.14
- 5th. 0.87
- 6th 0.69
- Final drive: 3.526
- Steel monocoque
- Front: 405mm ventilated discs (optional 420mm Carbon Silicon Carbide, cross drilled)
- Rear: 335mm ventilated discs (optional 356mm, Carbon Silicon Carbide, cross drilled)
- 9.5J x 20” (optional 9.5J x 21”)
- Pirelli P Zero 275/40ZR 20 (optional 275/35 ZR21)
- Type: rack & pinion, power assisted, speed-sensitive ZF servotronic
- Turns lock to lock: 2.6 turns
- Turning circle: 11.3m
- Front: Four link double wishbones, computer controlled self-levelling air suspension, with anti roll-bar.
- Rear: Trapezoidal multi-link, computer-controlled self-levelling air suspension, with anti roll-bar.
- Damping: Continuous Damping Control, tuned for dynamic performance.
- Wheelbase 2746mm
- Overall Length 4806mm
- Width (across body) 1943mm
- Width (including mirrors) 2227mm
- Overall Height 1403mm
- Fuel Tank 90 litres
- Boot Volume 260 litres
- Kerb Weight (EU) 2495 kg / 5501 lb
- Gross Vehicle Weight 2900 kg / 6393 lb
- Top Speed: 195 mph (314 km/h)
- 0 – 60 mph: 4.5 secs (0 – 100 km/h: 4.8 secs)
- 0 – 100 mph: 10.9 secs (0 – 160 km/h: 10.9 secs)
- 30 – 50 mph: 2.0 secs (60 – 100 km/h: 2.5 secs)
- 50 – 70 mph: 2.4 secs (80 – 120 km/h: 3.1 secs)
- Urban 11.1 mpg (25.4 l/100km)
- Extra Urban 24.9 mpg (11.4 l/100km)
- Combined 17.1 mpg (16.5 l/100km)
- CO2 emissions 384g/km
- City Driving 11 mpg (US)
- Highway Driving 19 mpg (US)
- Combined 14 mpg (US)
- EU 5 and US LEV 11
If you like you can check latest Other Stuff photos