BeoLab 11 is a new elegant subwoofer from Bang & Olufsen which combines excellent bass performance, intriguing design and unorthodox placement possibilities. Launched 14 April 2010 the BeoLab 11 active sub-woofer loudspeaker system was introduced as a complementary unit to the existing BeoLab 2 sub-woofer.
A treat for every music lover and a threat for neighbors (the loud music is going to mean endless sleepless nights for them), this subwoofer combines stylish design with an unmatched performance. BeoLab 11 is composed of two identical loudspeaker cabinets, with baffles facing each other. The outer shells are made of aluminium and are available in silver and white. The concept is based on two 6½” drivers with 200W ICEpower amplifier making this exclusive subwoofer fully active and suited for both Bang & Olufsen and third party applications.
By using the unique Acoustic Balance Principle for the first time in a Bang & Olufsen product, almost all vibrations have been eliminated from the speaker. The lower levels of vibration, combined with the speaker’s compact size, make it ideal for mounting the subwoofer on a wall. A concealed cable management system within the wall bracket makes wall-mounting straightforward and tidy.
- Dimensions/Weight: 22.7 x 30.8 x 23.8 cm/7.3 kg
- Power Amplifier: 200 W, Class D, ICEpower
- Effective Frequency Range: 33-125 Hz (upper limit determined by setup)
- Bass Driver: 2 x 6½” cone
- Features: Adaptive Bass Linearisation (ABL), Input sensitivity switch, Room adaptation switch, Thermal protection, Line sense auto switch on/off, Internal / external bass management.
The Beolab 11 is expected to sell for around $2,000 when it hits North American shores in May. The units will be available in silver, white, black, dark grey, red, blue and golden finishes.