Australian Emma Marsh raised the bar for the love of pets to a higher level by paying operation 500 Australian dollars when her pet, a goldfish named Courage instead of food swallowed a stone. Just 13 grams heavy fish has replaced the stone for a delicious meal and then she could not spit it out. Ema took the fish immediately to the vet and found two choices – to let natural selection to determine the future life of her little angel or pay expensive operation, which includes anesthesia, to remove the stones.
She decided to pay for the surgery even though it cost much more than she paid the fish. Emma paid more than $500 to save her $12 goldfish.
The team of veterinarians first dripped an anaesthetic agent into Conquer’s water to put him to sleep and then set to work dislodging the stone. Then, they lifted fish’s head out of the water gently and used surgical tweezers to get a grip of the large object.
Conquer has since made a full recovery and is back in his own fish tank.