To strengthen its reputation as top Florida golf resort, the PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens has undergone $100 million renovation. The place where legends and luxury meet for three decades, hosting some of golf’s most defining moments on five championship golf courses – home of the PGA TOUR Honda Classic and world-class amenities is now raised to an even higher level.
The stunning multi-million comprehensive revitalization which began in 2008, and unveiled the final flourishes of in the fall of 2012, features myriad enhancements to the legendary South Florida destination:
– a floor-to-ceiling makeover that makes every of each 379 guestrooms new with stylish bedding, carpet and furnishings;
– indulgent new specialty suites designed for media-lovers, relaxation-seekers and newlyweds;
– reinvention of The Haig, resort’s original 18-hole course, as The Fazio golf course – for a modernized layout with increased yardage, reconfigured tee boxes and bunkering and upgraded turf;
– nine restaurants, lounges and bars on property including award-winning Ironwood Steak & Seafood, stylish iBar and renovated spaces like Bar 91 – each with its own flavors, cocktails and views;
– a sparkling-new, zero-entry pool accompanied by a renovated poolside café, Palm Terrace;
– transformation of their 19th Hole bar and grill into Bar 91 – featuring a new menu, high-definition televisions and expanded outdoor dining that overlooks championship greens;
– the refreshed 40,000 square-foot European Spa with 32 treatment areas and the exclusive “Waters of the World” outdoor mineral pools now fully complements the motif of the resort’s fashionably cool, hip décor. This spa was recently named one of the “Best Spas in the Southeast” by Spa Magazine.
“The unveiling of our $100 million investment showcases our total commitment to sit at the pinnacle of the world’s elite golf, resort and meeting destinations,” says Joel Paige, vice president and managing director. “Whether seeking an idyllic wedding, successful conference, supreme golf experience or a getaway to long savor we have all the ingredients needed and more.”
These renovations follow previous substantial revitalization to PGA National’s member – guest clubhouse, golf courses, spa, health and racquet club, conference and meeting space, striking zero-entry pool, chef-driven Ironwood Steak & Seafood restaurant and chic iBAR in its glamorous lobby.