LOS ANGELES, Feb. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ – From Amy Adams’ emerald necklace to Mila Kunis’ diamond ribbon earrings, Hollywood’s leading ladies chose enduring platinum jewelry for the biggest award show of the year, the 83rd Annual Academy Awards.
Platinum’s white color is natural and never changes color or fades, so it maximizes the brilliance of diamonds and colored gemstones. It is the ideal setting for the red carpet, and all of life’s most important moments.
Following is a list of stars that celebrated tonight’s achievements in PLATINUM:
- Anne Hathaway (red carpet): Platinum and 94.29 carat diamond necklace, platinum and 5.13 carat diamond ring, and a pair of platinum and 10.15 carat diamond earrings by Tiffany & Co.
- Natalie Portman: Platinum and diamond ring by Tiffany & Co.
- Sandra Bullock: Platinum and diamond stud earrings, and vintage platinum and diamond bangles by Harry Winston.
- Amy Adams: Platinum watch bracelet with 30.75 carats of emerald, and 21.5 carats of diamonds, a platinum necklace with a 33.24 carat emerald and 15.38 carats of diamonds, and a pair of platinum and 2 carat diamond stud earrings from Cartier.
- Mila Kunis: Platinum and diamond cocktail ring, platinum and diamond line bracelet, platinum and diamond bangle, and platinum and diamond earrings by Neil Lane (30 carats total).
- Michelle Williams: Platinum and diamond earrings, and a platinum and diamond ring by Harry Winston.
- Halle Berry: Platinum and 10 carat diamond drop earrings, and platinum rings with fancy colored diamonds by Neil Lane.
- Penelope Cruz: Platinum and 10 carat pink sapphire ring with 2 carat diamonds by Chopard.
- Jennifer Lawrence: Platinum and fancy yellow 16 carat diamond earrings by Chopard.
- Jennifer Hudson: Platinum and fancy colored diamond ring, platinum and diamond earrings, wide platinum and 50 carat diamond bracelet, and a platinum and diamond leaf bracelet by Neil Lane.
- Reese Witherspoon: Platinum and diamond bangle, platinum and diamond bracelet, platinum ring with diamonds and emeralds, and a pair of platinum earrings with emeralds and diamonds by Neil Lane.
- Nicole Kidman: Platinum and 13 carat diamond ring by Fred Leighton.
- Hailee Steinfeld: Platinum and 10 carat diamond headband, and a platinum and diamond ring by Fred Leighton.
- Annette Bening: Platinum and emerald earrings, and a platinum and diamond ring by Lorraine Schwartz.
- Helen Mirren: Platinum necklace from 1907 with pearls and diamonds, and a platinum bracelet with diamonds from Cartier’s Archive Museum Collection.
About Platinum Jewelry
Platinum is the ideal choice for bridal and fashion jewelry because it holds diamonds and precious gemstones more securely than any other metal. It is not only the highest quality metal, but its density makes it one of the most durable and enduring precious metals. Platinum is also naturally white, unlike white gold, which means it will not cast any tint onto a diamond or gemstone, allowing the stone’s genuine color to sparkle brightly.
To learn more about platinum jewelry and to view jewelry styles at a variety of price points, please visit www.preciousplatinum.com/designgallery.
SOURCE Platinum Guild International