Is there anything more appealing than compound of romance, chocolate and wine? Especially when we are talking about Valentine`s day? I don`t think so!
Still don`t know how to cheer up your dear, just go to The Waldorf Astoria Orlando in Florida. You`ll find a special weekend package ideal for this occasion. These inaugural Waldorf Astoria Chocolate, Wine & Romance Weekends, will be offered exclusively for overnight guests at the Orlando resort, during the weekends before and after Valentine’s Day, including February 12-13 and February 19-20, 2011.
During these weekends, where luscious chocolate and spicy wines take center stage, accommodations are available at rates starting at $289 on Feb. 12-13 and $309 on Feb. 19-20. Here are just a few of the events you can explore as an overnight guest at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando during their Chocolate, Wine & Romance Weekends:
- Bar du Chocolat: A Chocolate Extravaganza in which guests enjoy a nightly opportunity to experience nearly 30 a la carte chocolate treats from Waldorf Astoria’s display of decadence. Peacock Alley will be transformed into a chocolate boudoir, offering an evening of self indulgence. Guests can choose from a selection of chocolate treats from the hotel’s talented pastry team, including handmade chocolate truffles, exotic chocolate cakes, pillows of chocolate mousse, and bowls of beautiful bon-bons. Desserts will be priced by the piece.
- Art and Chocolate: A Walking Tour which is an opportunity to learn more about the commissioned artwork collection of Waldorf Astoria Orlando, and sample chocolates that have paired to add inspiration to each painting (complementary).
- Smooth Jazz: The Joseph Billups Duo will perform jazz music in Peacock Alley nightly.
- The Marriage of Chocolate and Wine: This seminar involves a wine tasting paired with chocolates. Learn what wines pair the best with chocolate. (Priced at $25 per person)
- For the Love of Wine: A Tasting Experience. This casual wine tasting experience features the best new wines available this year including the Waldorf’s ten favorite new wines. This class is not chocolate related. (Priced at $25 per person)
- Sinful chocolate choices at the Waldorf’s restaurants including a special chocolate feature at Bull and Bear Steakhouse, and chocolate inclusions at the popular Oscar’s breakfast buffet.
- Chocolate perks at Spa by Guerlain. Spa treatments will be paired with chocolate treats and complimentary champagne all weekend at Waldorf Astoria Spa by Guerlain.
The Waldorf Astoria Orlando is located in a peaceful 482-acre nature preserve and is conveniently accessed from inside the Walt Disney World property. The hotel features a championship Rees Jones-designed golf course, a signature cabana pool and a zero-entry pool, jogging trails, bicycle rentals, a complimentary fitness center, a Kids Club and private complimentary transportation to and from Walt Disney World theme parks. [Waldorf Astoria Orlando]