At the auction in Arizona on January 17, Mercedes-Benz 770K Grosser Open Tourer from 1939 will also be among the offered cars.
However, this Mercedes is not only specific to the classic, but also because it was owned by the Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.
This car was specially commissioned by SS officer and chauffeur for Hitler Erich Kempka. Mercedes took part in several Nazi parades between 1939 and 1941, and was also used during a visit by officials.
In order to protect the Firer in it, Mercedes is armed with armature on both sides and on the floor. The windshield was bulletproof, and behind the seat was a mobile armored board.
The car is powered by a 7.7-liter eight-cylinder engine with 230 hp, with a five-speed manual transmission.
At the end of the Second World War, in 1945, allied troops confiscated this 770K Grosser, which was maintained in perfect condition since then.
This model, for which the auction house points out that it is “the final monument to the triumph of the allies over the evil”, is one of the eight pre-production B150 models of the 770K series, of which five survived, and three are privately owned, including this one.
Auction house Worldwide Auctioneers which offers the car at its Scottsdale auction announced that 10% of the sale price of the car will be donated and used to educate how and why the Holocaust happened and how to effectively prevent such atrocities in the future.